- LPG production of refinery license holders increased by 17,98% with respect to previous year’s production and reached to 1.081.577 tons in 2019.
- 103.979 tons of LPG was imported by refinery, distribution and processing (petrochemical) license holders in 2019, representing 6,11% decrease with respect to LPG import in 2018.
- In 2019, LPG was imported from 20 different countries/regions. In the order of highest import amount; Algeria, the USA, Kazakhstan, Norway and Russia represented the top 5 import countries.
- 225 tons of LPG was exported by refinery and distribution license holders in 2019, representing 8,92% decrease with respect to LPG export in 2018.
- In 2019, LPG was exported to 11 different countries/regions. In the order of highest export amount Switzerland, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Lebanon, Greece and Egypt represented the top 5 export countries.
Domestic LPG Sales
- 643 tons of bottled LPG, 112.994 tons of bulk LPG and 3.354.429 tons of autogas LPG, and 4.177.612 tons of LPG in total were sold in 2019.
- If LPG sales in 2019 are compared to LPG sales in the previous year; bottled LPG sale decreased by 2,88%, bulk LPG sale decreased by 16,33% and autogas sale increased by 2,17%. Accordingly, total LPG sales increased by 0,75%.
- In 2019, bottled LPG had 17,44% market share, bulk LPG had 2,26% market share and autogas had 80,30% market share.
- 990 tons of standardized LPG was sold by distribution license holders in 2019.
Source: Energy Market Regulatory Authority of Turkey – Turkish Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) Market Report 2019
Legal Notice: The information in this article is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended for professional information purposes specific to a person or an institution. Every institution has different requirements because of its own circumstances even though they bear a resemblance to each other. Consequently, it is your interest to consult on an expert before taking a decision based on information stated in this article and putting into practice. Neither MuhasebeNews nor related person or institutions are not responsible for any damages or losses that might occur in consequence of the use of the information in this article by private or formal, real or legal person and institutions.